I’ve seen lots of different ways to make a gift bag but this is the most simple but effective one I’ve found.
Making it also holds the basis for wrapping a standard gift parcel and making it look just that little bit neater than usual.
Gift Bag Guide
- Lay out your gift wrap and box
- Fold over the leading edge by 1cm
- Fold the leading edge to align with the far corner of the box
- Crease the fold along the near corner edge
- Fold in the second side and crease
- Apply double sided tape to the leading edge and seal
- Fold down top edge and fold in the sides
- Turn in the bottom edge to match the diagonal folds
- Apply double sided tape and seal up
- Press all edges along the box, to give firm creases
- Gently remove the box
- Carefully pinch the edges to form the sides of the bag
- Fold over the top by 3cm and then fold again
- Place the ribbon around the bag, keeping the ribbon straight
- Tie a bow at the top, and rearrange the bow to the front
It does make a big difference if you use quality wrapping paper, please don’t buy the cheap stuff as it will just rip!
If you’d like to know more about wrapping ideas do get in touch. I do gift wrapping workshops all year round.
Download this gift bag guide now.
You might like these 5 steps to gift wrapping.
Follow my Youtube channel for more gift wrapping ideas.